Friday, June 12, 2015

Mermaid 4 Blake

With all the wood we cut up
I have about 25 pieces to make stuff with!
So Jenna asked me to make a 12 x 12 frame
for her co-workers daughter.
The little girl, Blake, loves Ariel so this is what I came up with...

I used mod podge for the base under the sand, let it dry for a few days,
used 4 different blue stains from Tim Holtz, let that dry, sprayed it with hair
spray to try to keep the sand from falling off here and there, added stains to the rest of the 
frame, used some Lindy's mists and let that dry!
Once I felt the sand was set enough I added my charms with hot glue.
I colored my image (one of the images from on etsy) with 
Copics, glitter pens, then added versa mark and embossing powder
to make it hard and shiny.
I really wanted a shiny, watery look so I added some 
pouring medium in irredecent, some Acrylic Flow Release, 
and some Acrylic Glazing Liquid. 
Honestly I had no clue what was going to happen...
I just wanted a more watery look!
I think it worked out better than I thought it would.
Here is an up close tot he sand..
In person you can see the different colors a bit better.

Till next time!

1 comment:

Creative M said...

Absolutely Beautiful!!
Have a wonderful day,
Crafting With Creative M