Followers

Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Defining Moments

Hi!
I created a 10 x 10 wood plaque for a friend and coworker to
celebrate the day he was baptized.
 
I wanted to create something that would be house friendly; going with any decor,
as well as something that was masculine.
What better way to go masculine than with gears and bolts.
(Some of the stuff came from work)
 
I added texture and dimension with a wood grain stencil
and some modeling paste.
Then using several colors of distress stains I ended up with this...
 

The middle looks a little funky because the stencil is only 6" and I did not line up the 
wood grain that well, but knowing I was going to do stuff in the center
and all the way across it worked.

The gears and stuff I painted with metallic paints and then
added some black here and there to give a bit more dimension.

 I added a piece of cheesecloth that I soaked with some of the distress
stains and some Paverpol to make it stiff.
Hard to see in the picture but both sides go off the edges
a little.

 Final project...

 

No comments: