Followers

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Happy Veteran's Day!

Time moves so fast thatsometimesyoufeellikeeverythingrunstogether...you want to yell stop...you want to take the time to smell the coffee. Well I am a firm believer in doing just that. Life will get away from you if you don't.

Today is a day for taking the time to remember and to stop and say thank you to the men and women who fight and have fought for this country and so many other countries. I am not fond of war but I believe we as a country had to stand up and say we are not going to let anyone get away with blowing up our people and parts of our lives. I was a lucky person on 9-11 because I didn't have anyone close to me hurt or killed, but in the years since I have found many of my friends and aquaintences who did. I had a customer that fought in Vietnam and I sat down with him and asked him what it was like to come back here back then as opposed to the military coming back now. He told me that he was spit at and yelled at...somethings I cannot repeat and it seems to be happening now as well just not as bad. As we ended our coversation I thanked him, I told him that I appreciate the things he gave up to protect me and mine. And then I shook his hand. There were tears in his eyes when he told me thanks for saying what I did. I feel like I am going around in circles but the jist of what I am saying is...everyday we should remember our military but today especially we should thank them. No matter what country we are from the military is a specail group of people who do so much to keep there country safe! HUGS AND LOVE!

1 comment:

Tracy S said...

I agree.. the military keep us safe and free and should be thanked daily for the things they sacrifice for others. Thank you for sharing your story