Followers

Monday, August 8, 2011

Happy Birthday Honey!

OK today is my wonderful husband's birthday! I have to say that I am extremely lucky to have Dave in my life. This is my second marriage and in my case 2nd time was the charm! We met through work...back in 1999 and fell in love...married in 2004 and still going strong! So I made him a card...tried to keep it simple...I have such a hard time with manly cards...do yo add ribbon, bows, flowers...what do you do with a manly card! Well here's what I did:



I chose this image "Kisses" is from The Paper Shelter. I just think it is so sweet and just love it. On the inside cover I added a few sayings and then a poem on the other side. I even decorated the envelope...just didn't take a photo of it, but here is the one of the inside:


I am going to enter this card in these challenges:

KB Cute Monday   Anything Goes, using a digi

AI Factory  Anything Goes
Stamp Something Use a Digi
Make It Monday   Anything Goes

used copics, TLC, and several other sentiments, wood paper from McMahon5 and paper from K & Co, Confetti


HUGS Have a great day!!

6 comments:

Sara I. said...

Absolutely precious!!! Love the image with that fun polka dot paper! Gorgeous coloring and the grass is done to perfection!! Clever way to add all those sentiments!! I'm sure Dave loved it :))

Karen said...

Hi I'm just popping in from MIM to say how fabulous your card is! And so very clever adding all those sentiments like that! (May just have to store THAT idea away for future reference hun.) Hehe. Hugs. Karen.xx

Shirley-Anne said...

Hello Kim .Adorable image and love your colouring . Beautiful inside of card as well . Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday

Two Dogs and a Book said...

Such a sweet card!!! Love that image! Dave is a lucky guy to have you too! :)
Cheers!
G

Unknown said...

Hi, what a cute card, I saw it on MIM and just had to come over and have a closer look. Love your image its really sweet and paper is so colourful, love it.

Tanika Iswandari said...

Wowww! this is adorable! the image is so cute and that you're so clever playing with the sentiment and love the polkadots. well done! thank you for playing with us at AI Factory. Hugs, Ika-DT