Followers

Friday, July 1, 2011

I'm Seeing Stars................. and stripes everywhere

We have a new challenge starting today and by the name of my post I bet you can tell where this challenge is heading. Our very own Miss Sara at Sara's Sugar and Spice is our host for this week and you really need to check out her blog. She is a wonderful person and IS as sweet as sugar and spice and everything nice! She is also a superb artist. And now that her husband bought her 32 Copic markers....yes 32 Copics...from her husband...not just gave her money, he bought them! Anyway....since she has her new copics we shall be seeing some awesome copic artwork soon!
Now because of it being the 4th of July and all, the theme is Stars and Stripes BUT Not everyone celebrates the 4th...Guylou our fearless and wonderful leader is Canadian so they have Canada Day today....so it got me thinking why not do two cards..one that shows my pride in this great country I live in and just a card that celebrates life! So with out further ado here is Leah celebrating the 4th....



And here is.....Leah celebrating life!






 I took some of my extra paper and die cut some stars...sizzix star border...and then I used a glaze with iridescent glitter mixed in to add a it of bling!

5 comments:

Sara I. said...

OMG 1st of all - your post had me blushing - I turned a bright hue of Prawn, lol!!! Your cards are absolutely fabulous gf!!! And not just 1 fabulous card, but 2!!! You totally outdid yourself on both - I love both takes on the challenge - Gorgeous job on the stars on both - just gorgeous!! And LOVE the papers on both - Leah looks amazing in that black purple ensemble!

Brenda said...

Wow g/f, I struggled with 1 card and you came up with 2 amazing cards!!! I love the papers you used on the first card, they are perfect with your fabulously colored image. And that second card is just fabulous. Seems I am not the only one of us that loves Leah!! Love them both, Bren

Two Dogs and a Book said...

Ohhhhh Woooooowww!! Looooove them both! The pp, the design, your coloring.... outstanding!!! Love it!
Cheers!
G

Tracy S said...

These are both super fab! That first one is GORGEOUS with the patriotic colors, papers and the bling on the star,

Trina said...

I think both of these are awesome! I really like the layout and paper you chose for the first card, and the dress and colors of the second are just fabulous!