Followers

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Mixed Media Gift For Jenna

Fianlly got the pictures uploaded!
YEA!
This year for Christmas we decided to change my daughters room.
Now that she is sixteen she's ready for
a more grown up room...so...
 
This is what she picked out.
The duvet cover is reversible so she can change that up.
We got her the New York and the Paris pillows,
black sheets (getting white next) and a black pillow.
 
Here is what I made to go with it...
 
 
There are ribbons holding it all together...
I added hot glue on the back to keep the knots solid.
The pieces are 8 x 8 mirrors that I sanded, added gesso, drilled
the holes in and then added the different mediums.
I used: blended fibers, beads, coarse pumice, light pumice, flakes,
heavy molding paste, and heavy gel.
And as you can see black paint! LOL
I used the Golden silverpoint/drawing ground for the words.
I "drew" the names on with a dropper.
 
This is a close up of the top mirror....

 
The oval charms say faith and love and are hung with a clothes pin.
This is the middle..I left the middle 6 x 6 open. 
 
And the bottom.
The red is a little purse charm and the little jar has baby feet, luggage,
a heart and lots of glass glitter.
Also added some little charms and doo dads through out, as
well as some chipboard with glitter!

 
I had a lot of fun making this and if my daughter is to be believed, she loves it!
 


2 comments:

Sara I. said...

I think this turned out wicked awesome!!!! Love the little charms on it and her bedding is too cool - your work of art goes with it just perfectly!! How utterly creative and absolutely FABULOUS!!! Love ya girl and miss you xxxx

Shelby said...

Cool new room and absolutely love the mixed media project you've done for her...turned out so cool and perfect for the space!

Shelby