Followers

Friday, April 20, 2012

Crazy Cat Lady Challenge

This weeks Guylou's Inimitability challenge is brought to us by the cat lover herself, Miss Gina.
Please check out her blog because she always rocks these challenges!
The theme is a color challenge this time around.
You must use the colors of a Siamese!



So the colors are brown, cream (off white) and blue (like their eyes)


I made a card that did not quite turn out what I envisioned but
overall I am pretty happy with it!
As you can see I created a scene using Frederic
my brown is the trees and the base of the card,
my cream is in the hamock and parts of the trees,
and of course my blue is his jeans and the sky.
I just got a hand held air brush
and the sky was my first attempt at using it!
Still working on it! LOL
Check out the rules on the challenge site
and all the other DT blogs!
Kate is our guest designer this week!

I would like to enter this in the following challenges:


7 comments:

Kate said...

This is such a relaxing card. Love how it turned out. I could sleep all day if I had a Hammock.

Hugs,
Kate

Unknown said...

Hi Kim, Love this card fab stamping and colours.
I am just catching up viewing as I have been poorly, feeling much better now and will be posting soon.
You have been making some fabulous cards since I have been away
well done
I am also following .
Hugs Elaine

Charlene said...

I have no idea what didn't turn out on it, but I think it's fabulous! Makes me want to drag out a hammock (if I had 2 trees lol) and kick back and relax. You did an incredible job coloring that image...love the trees. And What a wonderful idea to do it with a step card. Where did you get the grass?

Gina K said...

One, thanks for the compliment. And two, this is awesome. Check you out with your bad self, making a whole scene like that. What a great idea!

Roxann said...

Love it, Kim! Nice to see a "manly" card! It is hard to color background scenes, gal! Great job!
Hugz,
Roxann

Two Dogs and a Book said...

Kim... you are an artist!!! I am always so impressed with your creativity and how everything you do is totally awesome! Can you bottle some of it and send it to me when you have a chance... I would use that creativity fo sho!!! :)
Cheers!
G

Shelby said...

Great scenery card and a great all purpose guy design.

Shelby