Followers

Friday, September 2, 2011

You Gotta Go Back To School!

To enter this challenge anyway!

Back To School is the next challenge at Guylou's Inimitability!
Our wonderful host is none other than Guylou herself! And she has chosen to do a Back to School 
themed challenge with a bit of a twist...you must have an apple on your project!
Now G came up with several images that are perfect for this challenge...
check them all out in her store here.
AND check this out!!!!
So even if you don't win the challenge you can get some images for a heck of a great price!!

OK I couldn't decide which one to use, so I made two projects! 

Can I be honest here? I actually made two other cards (with the same image) 
but was not happy with how they turned out...and then 
I realize that time is running out. ARGGGG So I got my head on straight and said to myself
no matter if I like it or not, third time's the charm and I will post that card! LOL So here it is!


I used "Teacher Leah", paper from "Antiquities" by DCWV, ruler tape, mosaic tiles (that I colored over...they were initially silver) and the apple back ground is from Scrapper's Delights.

Now I typed I did two projects...so here is my second attempt! 



I used the image "1 + 1". I colored it with Paint Shop Pro, printed it on shrinky dink paper, 
cut it out using label 1 from nestabilities and viola my tag for Jenna's backpack!
It is way too dark! I know. And I burned the one edge...but hey
it's the first time I have made a shrinky dink in years! LOL
It's a great idea to make tags this way (if you are better at it than me)...
I got the idea from the wonderful Gina! Another DT member! Check it outon  her blog.
While you are looking at that make sure you see her take on this challenge, as well all the other DT members (they are listed to the left!)
Our Guest Designer is Kimberly  http://scrap-it-girl.blogspot.com/
Well now comes the part about the rules!
You will find them here.
You have from today until September 15th!
So get on it!

5 comments:

Sara I. said...

Awesome card! Love the plaid and the bling! The ruler she's perched on is perfect!!! Your bookbag tag is absolutely adorable!!! Love the die you used and I'm sure Jenna loved it!!

Two Dogs and a Book said...

Kim... oh my!! Love the card and the tag is fantabulous!!! I need to get some shrinky dink pp!!! Well done!!!
Cheers!
G

Gina K said...

Kim, I love your card. I love the ruler tape and the tiles that you colored. Great job with Leah, too. And thanks for linking my blog. That was so sweet of you. I love what you did with Jenna's tag. I think it turned out great. I actually kind of like the burned edge...it makes it look sort of distressed and antique-like, which I love.

Star said...

I think they look fabulous!! Ditto on what Gina said about the tag. At least you didn't break it in half (like I did last time *I* tried shrinky dinks! LOL). The card just looks awesome.

Brenda said...

How fun is that little charm!! Love it!! Your card is fabulous! Love the papers and that ruler is the perfect touch!
Hugs~Bren